Education and schools
Schools come in a whole range of sizes and structures, in both the State and Private Sector.
They include Local Authority schools, private independent schools, charities and Academies, including some with an associated charitable trust and trading subsidiaries.
CharterGroup firms are specialists in this sector and undertake a variety of work for schools, including audit and assurance, tax and general financial advice.
Examples of audit and assurance work undertaken by CharterGroup firms are as follows:
A school may be required to have an external audit of its school’s accounts e.g. charities.
* The Governing Body may choose to have an external audit to bring added comfort to the school’s financial position.
* Some schools have separate trading companies or associated charitable trusts that may require external audit or independent examination.
* School fund accounts are normally required to be audited.
* Audit of specific grant funding.
* Audit of information for the Teachers Pensions Agency.
Other support that may be required includes:
Discussions regarding the financial and accounting implications of conversion to Academy status.
Support and advice on financial and accounting issues that arise following conversion to Academy status
* Regular assistance with the preparation of financial management accounts.
A review of systems and controls or spot checks, similar to internal audit or ‘Responsible Officer’ functions.
* VAT advice and other general tax advice.
* General business and financial advice.
* Assistance with job interviews for Bursars and Financial Directors.
* Assistance in raising finance.
* Assistance with the financial monitoring of major projects.
If you need advice on any of the above or are converting to Academy Status, please call us on 01886 833933 or email Schoney@chartergroup.co.uk to access your local specialist.