In this accredited CPD course, delivered in conjunction with leading training provider Tolley, we will examine Covid-19 accounting issues including: accounting for support packages; the impact the pandemic has had on financial reports; and key considerations relating to leases.
Date: Friday 9 September
All our courses are delivered on zoom and are free to attend for Chartergroup members.
During the three-hour session, we will cover the following:
- The accounting issues likely to be of most significance to accounting professionals
- When Covid-19 started to impact financial reports
- Key issues for year ends 2019, 2020 and beyond
- Accounting issues arising from government support measures – CBILs and BBLS, VAT deferrals and other concessions
- Leases and how to account for reductions, holidays and deferrals
- Covid-19 related exceptional costs – when to recognise in accounts and how to value
- Differences in treatment arising if applying IFRS or FRS 105 rather than FRS 102
The session will be delivered by David Potts FCA.
David is a Chartered Accountant with considerable experience in financial training. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1987 and went on to work as an audit manager with BDO until 1990, when he became a full-time financial trainer. Until 1994, David mainly delivered courses preparing students for their professional examinations for ICAEW, ACCA and CIMA qualifications. However, since then, David has concentrated on delivering continuing professional development training on accounting issues and international developments in financial reporting.
David has personally delivered over 1,000 days of training to representatives of international companies, investment banks, accountancy firms, and major law firms.
The event will take place virtually on Zoom and log in details will be sent to you a couple of days before the event.
We look forward to welcoming you to our accredited CPD event series.